Culture in Unisannio and in the relationship with the territory
The University of Sannio represents one of the main factors of permanent social, economic and cultural development of the Sannio and of the inland areas of Campania.
The CADMUS association - Friends of Music of the University of Sannio - was created with the aim of spreading musical culture among students, (including Erasmus students), doctoral students, staff and teachers of the University of Sannio, as well as among all citizens who freely want to join the Association. In particular, CADMUS intends:
- promote musical education initiatives within the University, activating technical-practical courses and open rehearsals at its specially designated premises;
- include musical groups within the University, recruiting musicians and aspiring musicians, organizing music, instrument and singing courses;
- organize musical events of professional groups, entertainment and musical education initiatives, characterized by the convergence between music and other disciplines, both scientific and humanistic;
- stimulate the participation and proposal of initiatives of all members of the University of Sannio, in order to consolidate the aforementioned and further activities, following a similar growth process of other Italian universities, and to create moments of sharing and comparison that go beyond the institutional moments;
- devise and promote further initiatives with the collaboration of all project participants.
Unisannio is a partner of Futuridea. An association for useful and sustainable innovation, born in May 2008, with the specific aim of promoting and implementing an eco-sustainable development strategy, attentive to the elaboration of non-imitative resolutions and projects and a governance of capable innovation to constantly monitor, select, evaluate the results of the research and rapidly study the impacts in relation to the competitiveness of businesses, the efficiency of the public administration and social equity.
The University Theater Center (CUT) aims to organize and carry out cultural and educational activities aimed at the artistic and cultural growth of students in particular. The CUT promotes the organization of:
- training workshops and seminars in the field of theater, cinema, music and dramatic arts in general;
- shows, essays, at the end of the training workshops;
- reviews of theater, cinema and music.
In addition to the students regularly enrolled at our University, the following can also participate in the activities:
- graduates from the University of Sannio;
- students participating in the Erasmus program;
- research fellows and collaborators in any capacity of the University;
- teaching, researchers and administrative staff working at the University.
The University Theater Center was revived by the great desire to organize this type of activity, coming from two students who will hold the role of representatives within the center, namely Generoso Uva and Pasquale Proto.
Unisannio is a partner of the Stregati da Sofia Association which organizes the Sannio Philosophical Festival, to promote a multidimensional reading of reality that finds the philosophical spirit in every act of our life: in art, theater, literature, fashion, cooking, in the cinema. All the languages that man uses do nothing but communicate "Philosophy".
Unisannio is an institutional partner of the BCT National Festival (Benevento Cinema Television).
The Festival is the first and only event in Italy to unite the world of the small and large screen, through events, meetings, interviews, screenings, shows, concerts and debates, open to the public. The event, organized by the Visual Cultural Association, with the collaboration and participation of Mibact - Cinema Direction, Campania Region, Istituto Luce, Siae, Benevento Chamber of Commerce and Municipality of Benevento, recorded, in the first two editions (2017 and 2018), over 200 screenings, more than 100 events and hosted over 150 artists.